THE WORLD WAR II AIRBORNE DEMONSTRATION TEAM IS PLANNING THE RE-CONSTRUCTION OF AN AUTHENTIC ARMY BARRACKS & MESS HALL AT FREDERICK REGIONAL AIRPORT, LIKE THE ONES BUILT IN 1942 AT THE ORIGINAL FREDERICK AAF BASE. THESE ICONIC WOOD STRUCTURES AROUND THE COUNTRY ARE FALLING INTO RUIN AND EACH YEAR MORE OF THESE IMPORTANT SYMBOLS OF AMERICA'S WWII SACRIFICE ARE DISAPPEARING.
THE PURPOSE OF THIS PROJECT IS TO PRESERVE AN IMPORTANT SYMBOL OF AMERICA'S TRIUMPH OVER TYRANNY AND TO HONOR THE SACRIFICE OF ALL WHO SERVED IN EVERY BRANCH AND SERVICE, IN EVERY WAR AND CONFLICT, RIGHT UP TO THE PRESENT.
WWIIADT GOAL IS THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE BARRACKS, MESS HALL & STATIC LINE MUSUEM PROJECT. ALSO REPRESENTS A SIGNIFICANT CAPITAL INVESTMENT IN THE MUSEUM AND THE AIRPORT, AS WELL AS IN THE ECONOMIC FUTURE OF FREDERICK, OK. THE PROJECT IS EXPECTED TO INCREASE ATTENDANCE AT THE TEAMS ANNUAL WWII HANGAR DAY BY SEVERAL HUNDRED, AS WELL AS DRAWING THOUSANDS MORE VISITORS YEAR ROUND TO THE AIRPORT AND FREDERICK AREA FROM ACROSS THE U.S.
THE BARRACKS WILL BE BUILT ACCORDING TO EXISTING FLOOR PLANS AND CONSTRUCTION DRAWINGS PROVIDED BY THE US ARMY . PENDING AVAILABILITY OF RESOURCES, THE MUSEUM HOPES TO START CONSTRUCTION IN THE SPRING OF 2018
VERSION 2: MOVING THE SHED, BUILDING THE MESS HALL NEXT TO THE FENCE, BARRACKS BUILT NEXT TO THE BACK HANGER.(REMEMBER THESE ARE ONLY PRELIMINARY PLANS SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
To raise construction funds the Museum will accept donations, also donations in exchange for engraved "Victory Bricks"; various sized pavers bearing the names of individuals, military units, or the impressions of those businesses and corporations who wish to donate. The commemorative bricks may also include aviator wings, airplanes, ships, shoulder patches, or logos. These bricks will be placed along "Victory Path leading in to the main entrance or in the Victory circle around the Flag pole, shown in orange on the grounds of the airport , in front of the Main entrance of the Hangar. (See Picture Below.) CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO ON THE VICTORY BRICKS
VERSION 1: MOVING THE SHED, BUILDING THE MESS HALL NEXT TO THE BACK HANGAR, BARRACKS BUILT NEXT TO THE FENCE.(REMEMBER THESE ARE JUST PRELIMINARY PLANS SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
PHASE 1: MESS HALL CONSTRUCTION:
1. After construction funds are raised and we have secured the original plans for the Mess Hall, we will decide on where we will built the Mess hall & Barracks.
2. The team will then get the proper approvals & necessary permits from the Town and the Airport.
3. Hire a engineer to review the plans and to put in the pilings & footings for the structures.
4. Install water & sewer lines for the Mess Hall & the Future Barracks
5. Then the fun begins getting the materials and putting together a crew to built the mess hall.
6. After completion we will move to phase 2.
PHASE 2: BACK HANGAR REPAIRS: The Back Hangar will be the future Home of the Static line Museum and Parachute shop.
1. Fix the roof on the Back Hangar and secure the structure.
2. Prepare & Draw up the plans and design of the new Parachute Shop & Museum.
3. Start building the Parachute shop and then move and place the packing tables.
4. After the completion and move of the Parachute shop, finalize the layout of the Museum. Construction will begin.
5. Building of the Static Line Museum, Preserving our History, will bring the team to a new level, respectable and with more recognition as word gets out we will see an increase of tourism to FAAF and to the City of Frederick.
PHASE 3: THE FUTURE BARRACKS: As more funds come in we will move to the Barrack Project.
(This is just a preliminary layout with ideas and possibilities of what we can accomplish in the next ten years.) As most of us know, the team is growing in numbers. We are going to need more room. Building the Mess Hall & Barracks will help us solve this. Building the Museum will also bring more tourism at Hangar Days and future museum tours. That will help increase revenue down the road. Thank you for taking the time out to read this. We need your help.
DONATIONS IN USABLE:
SOME OTHER WAYS YOU CAN HELP
Donations of the following.
Lumber, bricks & electric wire.
Rolls of tar paper, shingles, bricks.?
Plumbing fixtures, doors, windows, lighting fixtures.
If you see any construction sites ask the contractor, foremen, even the disposal companies if they have any spare or scrap lumber, pipe, wire, bricks, cement, that they would like to donate. You won't believe what is sent to scrap from some of these construction sites.
See if your local Home Depot, Lowes or lumber yard will donate any supplies.
Ask any friends or local construction company's if they would like to donate any supplies?
Any one that would like to donate Metal sheets for the roof.
Any Paint, nails, screws or bolts for hangar maintenance.
Even a gallon of Military Tan Paint would go a long way.
Refrigeration, Kitchen fixtures, Washing Machines & dryers
These are Some of the ways that you help the team.
ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT: WWIIADT.US@GMAIL.COM